I'm A Bag Lady

I got a shopping bag for my birthday.


And I love it!



I've only used regular old paper and plastic bags when shopping though I have occasionally (read "rarely") remembered to take along a canvas bag or a homemade bluejean bag. The problem is that they aren't very attractive; they aren't big enough to hold much; and I can't remember to keep them in the car so they are ready when I go into a store.

So I've been stuck with a cupboard stuffed full with paper sacks and plastic bags that I recycle when I can no longer shut the cabinet door.

Then my friend, Karen, gave me this lovely, heavy-duty, large capacity, water-proof work of art!

I've been enjoying its use so much that I decided to splurge and buy another one for myself so that all my groceries and Wally World purchases can come home in style. I have found that one of these bags can hold the equivalent of at least four of those plastic shopping bags.

This is SO my style!


I've never been enticed by the shopping bags with store names or cause logos on the side. I don't care to be a walking sign board for where I shop.
 But this? Adorable!
They add some charm to the mundane chore of grocery shopping.



And I know where to go if I want to find more like these.




After handing over all my money to a clerk in a store, I can still leave the store with a little smile.