Midsummer Interlude in the Country

The boys and I are back in the Fatherland this week. Sam and Peter are going to stay here with their sister for the month and I get to visit with my grandsons during a short break from wedding business.
We're glad that the boys get to spend some time really experiencing the American countryside- maple trees, summer humidity, song birds, fireflies, poison ivy, horse flies, and long straight dirt roads. This morning they walked down to the Amish farm to buy some eggs.



And I'm especially glad that I can have a little time off from the Fleur Cakes kitchen and spend some moments with these growing boys.




Sam and Peter are going to do what they are good at like pass on all the big boy wisdom to their nephews...




....as well as mow some lawns, do some chores and help out with the little guys. Plus there will be swimming, fishing and good old-fashioned country summertime fun.



I've never been here at a time when we all weren't waiting for a baby. Last night Katie was making mozzarella and doing a million other things and she didn't need my help, which was a good thing since I was a useless wad of exhaustion anyway.      

After the best night's sleep I've had in a long time and with the absence of a To Do list or a baking schedule, I'm going to relish my time with these little guys that need to be squeezed a lot more so they don't grow so fast.