He really couldn't get any better to me. He is so kind to his sisters, tells me he loves me out of the blue several times a day. Gives me hugs and kisses. Cuddles with me. I wish he could just stay this age forever. I'm really loving it.
|Tanner, age 7|
Here are some things going on in this kids life right now:
- He plays baseball. I feel like the skill level of the other players really went up this year. It went from t-ball and coach pitch, to kid pitch and kids that can throw and catch better than Shad and I (but they're 6-7 years old!) We have a lot of catching up to do with Tanner.
- He read his first chapter book a couple of weeks ago. A Magic Tree House book. He loved it and was so proud of himself, so I thought it'd continue (reading). It didn't. Which brings me to my next bullet....
- I told him I'd pay him a buck for every chapter book he reads. Some people may think that's just awful to bribe him like that. But I don't. Money works with this kid. I remember my Mom bribing me with frozen yogurt when I was little. If I read 5 chapter books, I got to go out to frozen yogurt with her. I hated reading back then. But after those first 5 books, I was hooked and never had to be bribed again. I'm crossing my fingers.
- He is obsessed with Ninjago Legos.
- He is obsessed with Star Wars. He watched all of the movies last month for the first time. Playing his toy light sabors are a major part of his day.
- Lives on Greek yogurt smoothies. It's all he will eat, unless he's at school (because I can't pack him a smoothie). Greek yogurt, frozen berries, a squirt of flax oil, a handful of raw oats and xagave.
- He loves church. He loves reading the Book of Mormon. He loves hearing the Bible stories. He has more faith than anyone I know. He knows prayer is real and prays fervently everyday for people he knows are sick or for things he wants/needs.
- I bought him 4 new pairs of jeans/pants 2 months ago and every single pair has holes in them now. How does that happen?
- He's ready for summer break. He asks everyday how much longer it is until school is out. I hear you buddy. I love summer break.
- He loves playdates.