A bad movie.

I really like William Shatner. As a matter of fact, I had the biggest crush on him when I was a very young girl - in another lifetime, of course. And as a self-proclaimed Trekkie, Captain Kirk was the first and best captain ever - followed closely by Sir Patrick Stewart.

So imagine my surprise when I was at the movie rental store with Kerri and saw an animated movie about the real story of "Puss 'n Boots", with a cat that looked very similar to the one in the "Shrek" movies, and William Shatner's name boldly displayed on the cover. I grabbed it without even thinking twice.

Last night, we all sat down for our family night movie, and we were pretty excited. That lasted about a whole ten seconds into the movie. Even Kerri kept asking "how long until it's over", and I think we all rolled our eyes continuously throughout. Pookie sighed and yawned. And the music, well, they ruined quite a few classical pieces. And the "Gigolo" song (sung by Shatner, who played the cat) just made me cringe and wince.

I am so very sorry Mr. Shatner. After watching "Shrek" way too many times to count, it was hopeless that your version of the cat could even compare or compete. We were sorely disappointed with the movie. It was bad. Hubby's last words to me last night (imitating "The Cat in the Hat" movie) were: "And the giant CAT!". Yeah, that about sums it up.

Life with Kerri should read reviews more often.