A Fresh Clean Outlook

When was the last time there were any outdoor photographs on this blog?

Don't count those snow pictures I took last fall because they were shot from the warmth of the house looking out of the doorway.

So outdoors...a long, long time ago.




Because it was long, long ago that I spent any time outside the walls of my house.
It's been weeks, months, years? since I've seen the blue sky and felt the warmth of the sun.


Seasonal Affective Disorder is setting in and putting me in a funk.
I should not be in a funk since I have so much for which to be thankful.
I've resolved to quit whining because there are much worse things in the world then imperfect cakes.




A walk in the fresh snow and clean air today was just what the doctor ordered.





We've been having a beautiful winter season so far. Just enough snow to make the landscape especially lovely but not too much to strand people in treacherous conditions.




The air is cold and clean without being frigid enough to freeze the pipes.




The landscape can be beautiful and interesting even without flowering shrubs and growing gardens.



And I am looking forward to two or three months of a more quiet, restful season when the work load is lightened and the ToDo list is shortened.