Sunday updates.

  • It was a beautiful day today, so we took Pookie outside to play while his human Kerri played with the neighbors. Unbeknownst to us, he apparently ate leaves. We know this because he just upchucked them in the middle of the living room.
  • Kerri likes to play in the dirt and mud. We know this because she comes in with dirt under her finger nails, mud in her shoes, and who knows what else all over her clothes. Today, she was planting seeds.
  • I have done a mountain of laundry and every time I think I am done, another avalanche of dirty clothes takes it's place. I think I have enough experience to run a laundry mat.
  • Kerri is in another growth spurt. She is eating us out of house and home. And no sooner than she finishes a meal, she tells us she is still hungry. I cannot even imagine what the teen years are going to be like. I think we will need to buy a farm.
  • Today we had to jump start hubby's car. He never uses it, and apparently the battery died. The reason we had to start the car was not so he could use it. Apparently, the modern GM car keys get stuck in the ignition if the battery is dead. So no one can steal the car. Unless they change the battery or tow it. Which means, we could not get the key out until we jump started the battery. I was tempted to leave the keys in there.
  • Speaking of cars, where does all that grease come from? All I did was close the hood to my car and all of a sudden I have the hands of a car mechanic who has been at work all day. Oy, my nails!
  • I am coming down with a cold. And if I am not, I will fake it. I need some rest!
  • Hubby amazes me. He may have his faults, but I am very lucky to be married to my best friend.
  • Kerri is still saying she does not want to go to school. She loves doing homework at home, and reading, and learning new things. I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon, because it is not like her to dislike going to school. I signed the forms, so we shall see what becomes of all this.
  • We were sitting in Kung Fu after class yesterday, and one of the older students was commenting on how the school and the students are a family. I have to agree, Kerri loves playing with the Sifu's children (it is mutual), and even with the older kids in her class. They have all bonded, and it is funny to watch them bow to each other and then all of a sudden one of them reaches out and says: "Tag! You're it!". They spend a good fifteen minutes before and after every class just playing.
  • Speaking of Kerri, she just came down from having her bath and told me she is hungry. I better go help get her in bed or I will have to go grocery shopping tonight!
Life with Kerri keeps me busy.