It's been 9 years!

Yesterday was a very hot day. Our friend Carol has no air conditioner, and she was having problems with her asthma due to the heat and humidity. So Kerri decided we would pick her up and have a girls' day. So we did.

We went grocery shopping, and then came home to cool off and hang out. And in the evening, I prepared a special meal in honor of our 9th wedding anniversary. On September 1, 2001 Corey and I renewed our vows in a formal wedding ceremony with a very big and fancy reception in Quebec. And Carol and Andre were there 9 years ago, meeting me for the very first time.

We reminisced about how much fun we had. And how it was also hubby's parents' wedding anniversary. And Carol reminded me of my not so very fancy and cheap platform canvas sneakers that I wore under my expensive fancy designer wedding dress - she got such a kick out of that.

And it was 9 years ago, right after our wedding, when we started our journey to parenthood. Then we looked at Kerri, and remarked how incredibly fast time has gone by. She is going to be 6 years old in a few weeks. And the 9 years since our wedding passed in a blink of an eye.

I asked hubby last night if - knowing now what he did not know then - would he do it all over again. And he replied that yes he would, and he would not change a thing. And that is why I married my best friend 9 years ago.

Life with Kerri is a celebration of love every day.