Arrival

Ahhh.....I'm here. In the Fatherland. Michigan where Mr. Dirtywrench and his ancestors were born. I came here at twelve years old with my family, was married here and birthed five children here. It's so very, very different from where we live now in the forested mountains of the Northwest.

There is so much I could write about- the aggravating and tortuous airport experience we had yesterday, the sensations of being in the farm country of Michigan once again, the reunion with my oldest offspring and her family, her old farmhouse that takes me back in my memories to my grandparent's old place, the horse drawn hay wagon with the bearded Amish man standing on the hay stack that just drove by on the road....

....But the most important thing to write about right now is this:


Evan Timothy
Born on July 7, 2010, weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces.

He was born at the exact time that Peter and I were boarding a plane in Phoenix, Arizona. As we were sitting on the tarmac waiting to leave, my cell phone rang and I got the news. I was so happy to hear that Katie's labor ordeal was over and the celebration of arrival had begun. I was able to endure the long flight to Detroit rejoicing the birth of our new grandson. God is great!

Yesterday was quite a day with more drama taking place back home. God willing, the rest of our family will make it out here today in two parts. I hope that our weekend together will creep by slowly so that we can savor the moments.

More later...I have a baby to snuggle.