Notes by a wedding cake maker

I have this little wedding cake business going. This is turning out to be the most busy wedding season I've had so far. And I'm going to be gone for several weeks right in the middle of it. There is a new grandbaby on the way and no wedding cake (or ten) will keep me from being there!

Here's some of what is on the board for the rest of the time:

One all strawberry shortcake wedding.

One all cheesecake wedding (four different kinds)

One all pie wedding (seven different kinds)

One cupcake wedding with a leopard print theme. Leopard print cupcake papers to match the bridesmaids shoes. I have to construct a cupcake display that is red and black with leopard print ribbon. Also, a cappuccino cheesecake with chocolate decorations to look like leopard print.

No. I am not making that up just to make this blog post more interesting.

One wedding cake dyed purple. That is- vanilla cake colored purple. That's thinking outside the box!

And just recently I got a request for a groom's cake in the shape of a Chinook Helicopter. That's on the side of a four tiered wedding cake.

I am only ONE person here. I don't have a staff like Ace of Cakes' Duff does.

It's going to be an interesting summer.