How I met your father..Part I


Where was I.... ah, yes. So, here I was now living in rural America. This for me would be somewhere I would only return with heavy heart when the death of a loved one was called home. Sadly, it was never home to me, although yes, I was born there. Small town and way too much gossip. Topic? Me, of course. I'm sure I did nothing to promote it either. *snort* I graduated high school and was dating one of the boys from the neighboring town. I realized one day after dating him longer than I should have that we didn't have a thing in common. Other than the sex. He was a bad boy that just wouldn't grow up. He lived for the weekends. I know, we all do, but his idea was different than what I envisioned. Guzzling beer and smoking pot. Oh, and "van-slams". Don't ask! Anyway, I was going to school and working full-time and he was workingflagging traffic doing road construction work. He worked part of the year and collected unemployment the remainder of the year. I could see the writing on the wall. He would be one more heart I would break. Yeah, he was cute, but no motivation. After waisting too much time on that relationship I finally broke it off and never looked back. The only thing that kept me there was my job. I was itching to get back to the city. Any city. Management came to me not long after I started and shared their desire for me to participate in the management training program. I was flattered. I was working as the front desk supervisor at the time. I loved this job. Oh, and the numerous marriage proposals. There was that "alleged" talent scout who wanted to make me into the next "super" model. Of course I would need to come to his room to discuss the details. *snort* And the Frenchmen who was so in love with me that he wanted me to come back to France with him to meet his family! He saw nothing wrong with it either. We would all live together. Serously, it played out like the show "Hotel". Anyway, I had it all planned out. I was going to be the next Leona Helmsley, and without going to jail! And way more attractive. I learned every aspect of the hotel industry one department at a time. I learned first hand the proper way to clean a toilet. Hmmm, was there any doubt how this was to be done? What I learned after spending so much time on my knees hugging the porcelain was this would not be the profession I ever wanted to master. No sir-ree I never(ev-er) wanted to do that for a living let alone for myself! I've had someone cleaning my toilets for the last 23 years. The hardest job(next to raising twins!) I ever did was waitressing. Yes, they felt I would benefit knowing all facets of the operation. As determined as I was to learn the job, I really sucked. I worked hard for my tips and I think due to sheer enthuisiasm I made the most daily in tips. I'm sure most of my customers felt sorry for me. I moved into the accounting department and then was finally promoted to Sales and Catering Manger. I thought this was the best job in the world. It was during this time that I would meet the man who would become my husband. My first husband. He was my bosses boss. "The Vice President". AND the youngest Vice President the company had ever hired. He was barely 29 years old and the most powerful man I had ever met. I was 23years old and my life was about to change. Stay tuned....