Revealing a piece of my soul...

We were driving home from Ohio a couple of weeks ago, the girls were in the back singing at the top of their lungs, when I had an epiphany. One of those uh-ha moments. I couldn't shake the image. I started thinking about my past and the people who have touched my life. We all have one and I've never hidden mine. I realized at that very moment that I never wanted to forget any of the details of my life, down to my "first" love . It was after all part of who I was today. Today I will peel away some of the layers and share with you who I am and how I got here. I'll share a piece of my heart....Grab a glass of wine this could take a while......

I always knew had no idea what I wanted for as long as I can recall. I giggled at the thought of him, my first love to as if it were yesterday. He could bring me to my knees just with a flash of his smile. I swear I would nearly melt right there on the floor. He had the most gorgeous eyes and movie star good looks. G-d. I. Knew. He. Was. The.One. I was in love. The first kiss. The one that would leave me breathless and panting for more. And that body. Ahhhh, the body. He was my first. I loved him so deeply. Well, so I thought. We dated for a year maybe longer. But then things started to changed. What I had found so endearing were now plain annoying. I didn't want or need him telling me what to do, but I didn't know how to get rid of him. I didn't want to hurt him. Fortunately for me, we moved. And far away. I knew there was no future with him. Ev-er. Not that he didn't want it. I think he thought we would be forever and ever. I could not see me spending my life with him.( I was much to young to be thinking of forever!) He had no plans or his future. So I broke up with him with the excuse that it would be impossible to date long distance. He cried like a baby. I remember looking at him and feeling so sorry for him. He looked so weak at that moment. I turned and walked away never to look back. This would become a pattern for me over the years. When things got "edgy" I would throw in the towel. It was easier to let them go then try to explain that they just weren't right for me. To be continued........

Note: I haven't seen "him" in years.....(like almost 30!) and have know idea what ever became of him.....When I broke up with him I moved on in my heart...I imagine he is still a looker. He was such a nice guy.