Why?

Me: "No more flour Tanner, that's enough."
Tanner: "Why Mom?"
Me: "Because we already put in enough. We don't need anymore."
Tanner: "Why?"
Me: "Well, if you put in too much flour it will be too dry and it won't taste yummy."
Tanner: "Why?"
Me: "Well, it just doesn't taste as good when it's dry."
Tanner: "Why it not taste good, Mom?"
Me: "I don't know, that's just the way it is."
Tanner: "Why?"

2 minutes later...

Me: "Burr, I'm cold."
Tanner: "Why?"
Me: Well, it's cold in here, so I feel chilly."
Tanner: "Why do you feel chilly?"
Me: "I'm not sure Tanner, I just feel cold, maybe I should put on more clothes so I will be warmer."
Tanner: "Why you put on more clothes?"
Me: "Because I'm cold."
Tanner: "Why?"

So, these are not exact conversations we have had, but very close and I am sparing you a lot of "whys". In some ways, it is very cute how is is truly curious to why things happen and why people feel a certain way. On the other hand it can be extremely annoying.

Moving on...yesterday I made some banana bread out of "Deceptively Delicious." It had whole wheat flour, bananas, and cauliflower puree in it. It was really good and Tanner gobbled it up. Kate however, is becoming extremely picky and won't eat it. Like Tanner, she refuses to eat any sort of animal protein (chicken, beef, fish, pork) and is allergic to dairy. Except she goes a bit further and won't eat whole grain baked goods, like whole wheat bread, pancakes, etc. Of course she'll eat anything white. I don't remember Tanner being so picky at this age. I thought that came at more like 18 months. Oh well, all you have to do is look at her thighs to see she is still thriving.