Newport Beach...we're here!!!




We're here in Newport and it is sunny, warm and beautiful!!! They are having a heatwave right now (it's in the 90's) and we are LOVING it.

This is the first vacation we've been on with just our own little family. It's been fun. I think Shad was expecting it to be different. He said about 4 times today, "It's a lot different going on vacation with kids. It's different than Hawaii was." Of course he is loving it, but it's not as relaxing as he pictured. = )

Newport is beautiful and full of wealth. We are definitely the poor of the town. We went shopping to groceries at Trader Joes last night and it's oceanfront! It was the prettiest Trader Joes I'd ever seen. The cars are amazing. It seems like in most places the really nice cars pop out, but here it's our mini-van that pops out. = ) We've already seen 2 Lamborghinis and 2 Ferraris in less than 24 hours. I didn't know what they were, but Shad did. They looked like Tanner's little Hot Wheel cars to me.

Amy and Mike should be arriving around 3am...Mike says he can drive straight through without stopping. We're excited to see them. I am secretly hoping that they fall in love with Southern California and want to move here (although it took me a good 5+ years to like it here). I would LOVE for a family member to live nearby.

We took the kids to the beach today. Tanner hadn't been to the beach in over a year. He didn't like it a year ago, and he didn't like it today. You don't see Tanner or I in these pictures for a reason. Tanner is on my lap almost hysterical because he doesn't want the water or the sand to touch him. We thought he would grow out of this by 2 1/2 years old, but I guess not. I can understand the water...compared to pool water, it's freezing. And the sand...he doesn't like being being dirty, so I guess that's why he had issues with that. Hopefully by the end of the week he will like the beach.