Dreams do come true


This is not my typical Retro Friday. I've been feeling a bit blue for all of you who are waiting on your referral. Simply put my heart aches for all of you. I just can't seem to shake it. You've all been so heavy on my mind. I feel your pain during this suffocating wait. I know how badly you all want to be mommies. I did too. No, my wait was not nearly as long as what you all are experiencing. True. But it wouldn't have mattered if it were half the wait. It was still long. One day seemed an eternity. There has been a lot of talk about the unhealthy babies from China. I want you all to see how very healthy my little "twinkies" were. Yes, they both had severe ear infections and colds, but nothing we weren't able to clear up with some antibiotics and cold meds. We never once would have considered "returning" them. They were our children. We would persevere. We after all were a family. That's all we ever wanted. A family. My family. I just wanted you all to know that dreams do come true. When I came across this picture tonight it was as if time had stopped. I had a flash back and found myself crying and smiling. I remember the moment I took that picture. We were in our hotel room in Nanning at the Majestic Hotel. We had only had the babies 2 days. Poor little Katie could barely sit up. This was one of the rare occasions where Abbey was not crying. I nudged fh and said "look honey, remember the bracelet with the bells Katie came with". She used to hold her arms up in the air and shake them. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life. They were so damn precious. I reached out and grabbed fh's hand. This was what and why we waited. Yes, we too had our bumps and I was more than angry that we were being jerked around and lied to. But, all was quickly forgotten once they placed these gorgeous healthy little girls in our arms. I couldn't stop crying. I was where you all are. Trust me. You will understand. I am so in love with these little people. They are my everything.

I love you all.