They eat everything. Except beets. I think that may have been my fault. I force fed them beets as babies. Someone told me they would keep the girls regular. G-d knows how they suffered with constipation in China and would cry in pain They won't touch the stuff now. Neither will I!
Anyway, they could just have eaten a five course meal complete with dessert-- but want whatever Jeff and I are eating. They will stand in front of us and beg like Maggie saying "maw, maw" or "pease mommy, pease". Little vultures. ha ha.
Before the girls graced our lives I rarely went to the grocery-- ever. Jeff would say "what's for dinner"? I would reply "get in the car" Ah, those were the good old days. ha ha. There was never any clean up either. Not that that's ever been my problem. Jeff always cleans up. He doesn't like that I use the dishwasher as if it were a garbage disposal. He apparently hasn't figured out I do that so I don't have to do clean up. ha ha
We shop at least once a week now and recently I started ordering groceries to be delivered. My kind of service.....Amazing what I can do with a telephone! I had to come up with another solution because I can't navigate at the grocery store on crutches and push a cart. Thank g-d I'm on the mend and able to get around again with my air-cast.
People ask what the girls eat all the time. There really no different than you or I.... The following is a snapshot of what they eat in a typical week.
- Rice--they like rice? uh-duh... Jeff and I like rice too
- 14-16 Bananas there are two of them --and they're part monkey. you should hear them do their monkey imitation
- 6 pears
- 6 apples
- bag of white grapes -- keeps them regular
- 4-5 mangoes (they had boycotted these at one time too, however back with a vengeance)
- 5 oranges-love, love oranges
- quart of strawberries ---when in season
- 6-8 kiwi's
- bag of carrots
- can of raisins
- fresh broccoli
- 2-3Gallons of milk they still get a cup of warm milk in the moring
- String Cheese they have appetizers every evening!
- 14-16 cups of yogurt "go-gurt"
- potatoes---prepared just about any way you can make them
- beef, chicken, salmon, shrimp, veal, pork, lamb