- to develop gross motor coordination skills including body awareness and balance skills: complete 10 jumping jacks in a row, and able to catch a tennis ball with both hands 3/5 trials.
- develop fine motor, in-hand manipulation and pencil grasp skills: be able to translate 4 pennies from her palm to fingertips, rotate a pencil over in her hand, tripod pencil grasp with movement of the pencil coming from the bending and straightening of her fingers.
- develop visual motor skills: print from left to the right direction, print all letters legibly, from memory, with correct formation; cut accurately on a line while holding the scissors and paper in thumb up position and moving the paper with her right hand and point scissors away from her.
- increase ease and volume of written output.
- develop self care skills: manage zippers, buttons and tie shoe laces.
I feel the same way I felt when I watched her take her very first steps. She took a bit longer, but she did it. She overcame, she persevered, she worked hard, and she CAN do ANYTHING she sets her mind to do.
Life with Kerri is going to celebrate today. And maybe the rest of this week. Best Christmas present ever!