To do.

Today is the Thanksgiving holiday here in Canada.  So I will be busy cooking.  I made myself a to-do list to keep me on track (and will share it with you in case you find it useful!):
  1. Don't forget to take the bag out of the turkey's bum.
  2. No drinking (alcoholic beverages) while cooking.
  3. Invite only the chosen family - ensures a somewhat "drama free" meal.
  4. Put out paper plates and disposable cups.  Because I don't have a dishwasher.
  5. Have the Chinese restaurant's phone number handy just in case I mess up.
  6. Keep the fire extinguisher close, and the Band Aids even closer.
  7. Tell the guests as they come in that the trail of Autumn leaves they are bringing in with them is actually part of my Thanksgiving decorations.
  8. Pray the electricity does not go out.  But have the grill ready to go just in case.
  9. Serve alcohol immediately to the guests.  If they get tipsy, they may not notice the mess I made in the kitchen, and it might make the food look/taste better.  And luckily, they will drink enough that they won't remember any of it.
  10. Be thankful that this holiday no one gets food poisoning, salmonella or E-coli from the food I served.
Life with Kerri is wishing all our Canadian family and friends a very safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!