- Don't forget to take the bag out of the turkey's bum.
- No drinking (alcoholic beverages) while cooking.
- Invite only the chosen family - ensures a somewhat "drama free" meal.
- Put out paper plates and disposable cups. Because I don't have a dishwasher.
- Have the Chinese restaurant's phone number handy just in case I mess up.
- Keep the fire extinguisher close, and the Band Aids even closer.
- Tell the guests as they come in that the trail of Autumn leaves they are bringing in with them is actually part of my Thanksgiving decorations.
- Pray the electricity does not go out. But have the grill ready to go just in case.
- Serve alcohol immediately to the guests. If they get tipsy, they may not notice the mess I made in the kitchen, and it might make the food look/taste better. And luckily, they will drink enough that they won't remember any of it.
- Be thankful that this holiday no one gets food poisoning, salmonella or E-coli from the food I served.
Today is the Thanksgiving holiday here in Canada. So I will be busy cooking. I made myself a to-do list to keep me on track (and will share it with you in case you find it useful!):