Weekend Wedding Roundup

Three weddings last weekend, each one unique. 

This large cake was all almond cake with almond buttercream icing. That's a lot of almond! I went to the local liquor store and bought the best Italian amaretto that they carried and used a half a bottle to flavor the rich buttercream icing. The flowers were a lot of fun because they were simple white blooms with lots of greenery including succulents and Love In a Mist seed pods.



I even had a couple fiddleheads to play with. When I arrived at the venue with the cake, these delicate, hand-made wood hummingbirds were waiting for me as special adornment. I left with fingers crossed that the icing wouldn't soften and the birds fall off.



Immediately after I left that cake on a Columbia River Gorge ridge in Washington, I crossed the ditch back into Oregon to deliver this cake-
I made many cakes in this style in 2010 and 2011 and it is classic.



My last wedding of the weekend was a pie wedding.



For the seven different flavors of fruit pies I had a code in the way I decorated them with pie dough cutouts that hinted at the fruit inside. The guests also could choose lemon mascarpone cream tartlettes.



This was the pie I made especially for the bride and groom and their cutting ceremony.
It is Rhuberry pie- rhubarb with summer berries- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and marionberries.

I'm on the homestretch of the wedding season!