A Noteworthy Sort of Day

20 years ago today, I was stood up for a date (the nerve, right?) and went out with a friend of mine instead. We went to a club in Washington DC called The Dome. And there I met a cute Marine who was stationed at Quantico. I asked him to dance, thereby boosting his ego and giving him the opportunity to tell all of his jarhead buddies: "Yeah, she wanted me pretty bad." 20 years is a really long time to hang out with the same person voluntarily, so props to us, eh?


Also, my first grader is now a second grader. Today is the last day of school. There was an awards ceremony on Monday and my daughter received a certificate of recognition for having "the best sense of humor and being a great reader."  I am not sure if this is akin to a "participation ribbon" in sports, but I'm oddly proud of the sense of humor part. She gets it from me, you know.

So, here she is on her last day as a first grader. As usual, she is just a big bowl of sunshine and rainbows this morning. (So far she has screamed at us because she can't find her socks and because one of the dogs looked at her.)