Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Flourless.

Sugarless.

And they're really really good.

I promise.

I made a dozen this morning, and every last one of them was eaten by myself and my kids.

I wish I'd doubled the batch.


The recipe will seem strange.  And you'll think that I had a typo...no flour??  But I didn't.  Because I never make mistakes.  Hah!  (that's a "hah" like I make a bazillion mistakes a day, not a "hah" like "hah, hah, I never make mistakes"....just had to clarify).  Here it is:


Pumpkin Pie Muffins

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup raw almond butter
1/2 honey
2 eggs
 1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t cloves
1/2 t salt

Mix wet ingredients.  Add in dry.  Stir.  Pour into greased muffin tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Makes approximately 12 muffins.  Best eaten after cooled.  ( I can never wait that long, but they really do taste better after they've sat for a bit)

I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, that they're not the prettiest muffins.  They sort of sink in the middle.  BUT not too bad for no flour and a ton of pumpkin.  And they taste good.

*raw almond butter can be found at Trader Joes.  if you don't have one, try Henrys, Sprouts, Whole Foods, or any other healthfood store)