Tanner

Tanner and his first-grade teacher, Mrs. Root

Tanner got student of the month back in September.

I think every kid gets student of the month by the end of the year, so it's not a super big deal, BUT what happened afterward, I never want to forget.

His teacher came up to Shad and I and told us the following (I tried my best to remember):

"Tanner is such a special boy. Out of all the students I've taught in 32 years, I've had 3 that stand out....one was Robbie, wow he must be about 17 by now, one was Johnny (I'm sort of making up the names...I don't remember), and one is your Tanner. (then she tears up, and continues on) These three students have a special place in my heart. Tanner is kind to everyone. He helps everyone around him. He is really special."

She said more, and I wish I could remember it all, but I don't.

But I remember the feeling.

I felt so proud of him. Proud of him that he is kind to everyone. And serves. I wish I could take credit, but I can't. If I took credit, I'd have to take credit for everything my kids do, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. = )

He really did come that way. Sweet. Kind. Obedient. And oh so much faith.

He's a keeper.