Random Last Minute Thoughts

I arrived here a month ago today. I never expected to be here this long. I've never been away from home for such an extended time. My family has adjusted but it was a process. Did they miss me? Did they become more self-sufficient while I was gone? I'm heading home in the morning and we'll find out.

Out of the four weeks I was here, I only got to spend forty-eight hours with this precious package. That was not enough time to inhale all his newborn sweetness.



As soon as I get home I'm digging out a newborn photo of my first born, this baby's mama, because this photo looks just like that baby.

Compare this photo to the close up in yesterday's post and see how quickly he's changed already. This is going to only accelerate in the weeks and months to come. Why do babies have to do that?



I baked cake almost every day for four months this year but in the last four weeks I didn't bake a single one. (Lots of pies but no cakes). At the request of the midwife, I made a chocolate fudge birth day cake for Andrew with chocolate cream icing and strawberry filling.

I had a special, memorable time with my girls that culminated in a remarkable homebirth. I was reminded once again how powerful and magnificent birth is when it's approached with respect and love and trust. It was worth the long wait to witness the arrival of this new little person into the eager arms of his family.


Andrew participated in his first Skype call today. I think there will be many more in his future.

I'm going to miss these little guys a whole lot.