Are You Ready? I'm Not.

The first official full day of spring!


We have some signs of it here. They are wet cold signs though.




Today's sunshine is the first we have seen in weeks!




I'm not ready for spring for some reason. The word "Spring" this year is nothing but a four letter word to me...


...W O R K


I need some more time off, hunkered down in my dusty abode.
I can't yet face the pruning, raking, weeding, seeding, cleaning, and preening that spring brings.

Apparently with every year that I get older, I also get lazier.


Next year....retirement!


Also, there are little indoor projects that only get done during the winter before outside W O R K takes over. My list of these indoor projects is not yet accomplished. I need more time!



Here is one recently finished project. The great part about it is that I didn't have to do a thing!


This entertainment center is a piece of furniture that we have had for about sixteen or seventeen years. All I have is this fuzzy photo to show you how it looked. My dad built this for us as a Christmas gift soon after we moved to Oregon. It served us well as a place to display the television, stereo and electronic equipment as well as hundreds of thousands of VHS videos. The boys used the bottom storage areas as a tractor shed and truck garage during their play sessions. It also made good Hide and Go Seek cover. Over time the door hinges were destroyed and the wood surfaces suffered many abuses.

So this winter we sent this well-loved piece out to friends with impressive wood-crafting skillz to be renewed and restored. Besides getting all new hardware, another set of doors was fitted into the top section. The bruises were attended to and it received a refreshing paint job.  The result:




A whole new look! 
I love it!





Now to keep the boys from hiding out inside of it.