Wrapping Up

There is one Christmas chore that I thoroughly enjoy...

....wrapping gifts.

Ever since the light bulb over my noggin blinked on (one day many years ago, probably when I was watching Martha) that I didn't have to use stick-bows and disposable ribbon for gift wrapping, I have enjoyed the process of turning a package into a beautiful gift. I had always admired people who could make lovely bows and attractive embellishments on a gift and thought they must be exceptionally visionary and creative people, but then I realized that it really isn't that hard to do. Presenting a beautiful gift can be as simple as using fabric ribbon instead of stick-on bows.

I buy all my wrapping supplies after Christmas when they are discounted at least 50%. I buy the large rolls of fabric ribbon for only a few dollars so in the end the cost of embellishing one package is very little while the return is worth it.

But I know that some people don't enjoy gift wrapping as much as I do. I know there are some male members of my own tribe who have a bit of trouble creasing paper and getting the tape in the right place. So I understand if some would rather slap a bow on and call it done, or pay those people at the mall to wrap the gifts. I won't judge.

So...how about it? Do you love or hate wrapping gifts?

Twenty years ago when our oldest kids were young, we lived in Michigan. We always looked forward to the box of gifts that would arrive from Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) in Oregon. Then seventeen years ago we joined the extended family by moving to the Great Northwest. Now here it is, twenty years later and I am sending a box of gifts back to Michigan to our own daughter and her family because we are apart at Christmas.


Who'da thunk it?