The holidays are approaching.

In just ten days, it will be Thanksgiving here in Canada. That means today I go shopping for a turkey. I cannot believe how fast this year is going by! Two weeks after Thanksgiving, we celebrate Halloween. Then comes Remembrance Day (Veteran's Day), Chanukah, Winter break, Christmas and New Years. Can you feel the panic setting in?

I dislike shopping. And I dislike trying to budget every holiday. After hubby lost his job last year, I learned a few lessons. But I still get nervous around the holidays. It can be a stressful time of year, if I focus on the things that don't really matter.

So while I am running around trying to get our home ready for the holidays, I am going to take a moment to stop and think about what really matters. My family is safe and healthy. We are together and happy. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table. And maybe instead of spending way too much money on unimportant things, we can help those less fortunate.

How do you deal with the holiday stress?

Life with Kerri is what really matters.