My Day

5:00 a.m. Why am I not asleep?

Today's Schedule:

7am: Get the boys out the door with clean clothes on. They are flying with their uncle to an airshow for the day.

8am: Deliver apple turnovers to orchard fruit stand.

8:30: Run to town because I screwed up and don't have the right cake board for a wedding today. Hopefully the bakery will have what I need!!

9am: Begin working on two wedding cakes. Keep them both straight. Don't mix them up. Two brides named Jennifer. Both cakes are vanilla. One has strawberry cream filling, the other strawberry rhubarb filling.

4pm: First wedding cake delivery in Washington. Mr. Dirtywrench on assignment.

5pm: Second wedding cake delivery. (Don't forget the bride's expensive cake topper!) This wedding is at the premier hotel of the city and I just found out that the bride got her dress and was on the TLC show Say Yes to the Dress. The film crew will be there getting film footage of her wedding for the show.

No pressure!!

No. None at all.

6 pm: Attend the funeral gathering of our lovely friend and neighbor who passed away the other night.


Then I'm going to need a drink.




(I just woke up from a dream that I was in a play on stage and I had never been to a rehearsal and did not know any of the lines in the script. The other actors were speaking to me and I just nodded my head because I didn't know any lines! Looking for the stage director....feed me some lines please! Oh- and the play was set in Victorian times and my hair was clipped up exactly like it is when I am icing cake. Dream interpretation anyone?)