Summer Goals - how goes it?


I thought I should revisit my summer goals and see how I'm doing. Okay, let's review:

1. See a live concert. Not yet. I'm still working on that one. I started by looking up the tour schedules for some of my favorite bands. As luck would have it, they are primarily touring Europe. My other half doesn't seem to think I need to fly to Belgium to see Gossip or to jet to Norway to see Caribou. To hell with him - what does he know? He can't keep me under his thumb, man.
2. Purchase and prepare a vegetable that is unfamiliar to me. Not yet. I came perilously close to procuring a massive kohlrabi at the farmers' market last week, but I chickened out at the last minute. So far, snap peas are about as exotic as I've gotten.
3. Work on leaving the dogs uncrated while we're not home. Yes! We made the leap of faith and all three dogs are now crate-free during the day. The only mishap we've had so far was that someone pulled a few alphabet letters off the fridge and chewed the shit out of them.
4. Get back to my goal weight. Not even close. I really don't know what's wrong with me or why I've allowed this situation to spin so far out of control. I've decided to recommit to Weight Watchers and track my eating more carefully. Starting now.

I should've added a fifth goal, which is to grow grass in my back yard. This is a battle I wage every summer. I've actually been moderately successful this year, though I did cheat a little by buying a few rolls of sod. I'm also growing some tomatoes, which I've never attempted before. A co-worker gave me a tomato plant that she'd grown from seed. All I really have to do is keep it alive. So far, so good.

I'll leave you with a song. The kid and I have been stuck on this song for a few days now. She has been singing it so I thought I'd better l0ok up the lyrics. It turns out they are completely innocuous, so I think I'm safe. I always have flashbacks to the time my sister convinced my niece that Gwen Stefani was singing about her "ship" in Hollaback Girl. Uh-huh, that's my ship. All the girls stomp your feet like this.