A Wild Wedding

The preparations that I do before a wedding do not all require the use of flour, sugar, butter and chocolate.

Sometimes I have to build things with cardboard and paper and glue.




Last week in addition to baking one hundred red velvet cupcakes, one cappuccino cheesecake, chocolate cake for 115 and 141 strawberry shortcakes I had to build a customized cupcake display.



The wedding had a very specific theme and color palette. Red and black. Leopard print.

At the initial consultation meeting with the bride and her mother I was shown a very high, spike heeled shoe in faux leopard fur with a red bow on the toe. The shoes were for the nine bridesmaids. They also brought me leopard print cupcake papers to use for the red velvet cupcakes. Later they sent me five yards of leopard print ribbon to use on the cupcake display.

Here's the wild finished display at the wedding venue yesterday.

As I was setting up, the photographer was doing a shoot with the bridal party. The nine girls walked by (some stumbled in their tall shoes on the brick pathway through the gardens) in their wedding finery. I have to say that I thought they looked kinda like cocktail waitresses. The dresses were very short (mid-thigh) black numbers with a flounced skirt that had a red underskirt. The bodice was fitted, sleeveless, and V-neck. They all clutched red roses. Remember the shoes were faux leopard fur with red bows on the toe. Quite a parade through the garden I must say.




Continuing with the leopard print, even the cappuccino cheesecake had the pattern in chocolate.



The cupcakes in their papers were simply adorned with red and black sugar.



To each his (her) own. I don't expect to do another wedding quite like this one.