Warm Spring Weekend

We had a very busy and beautifully spring-like weekend. After weeks of cold temperatures and snow, snow, snow and rain, it was wonderful to feel the spring breezes and to lie in the sunshine feeling it's warmth soak into my bones.



The weekend of tasks and events started with a birthday order that included this cake.






We brought in the next batch of chicken dinners-to-be.





Since it was also Blossom Festival in the valley, I attended an awesome plant sale...



...or two.






We had another special dinner party with our gourmand friends. My offering was this asparagus gruyere tart.


And I learned how to prepare artichokes for dipping into butter.




After spending the afternoon today making a dent in the ToDo list of garden work needing to be done around here, Mr. Dirtywrench and I took the motorcycle out for its first ride of the year.




The blossoming pear orchards are always the siren call for the first ride.



Life is good.


How did you spend your weekend? I'd love to hear about it!