Open Studio Tour Preview Show

Today I stopped into The Pines art gallery where they are having a pre-tour exhibit for the Gorge Artists Open Studio Tour in May.

The open studio tour is a big event for area artists to open their art studios for a weekend so that patrons of the arts can visit and see how craftsmen and artists execute their work. This is the fourth year and it's becoming a very popular event.


The Pines is exhibiting the work of participating artists for the month of April. It's a chance not only for the public to get a preview of what they will see on the tour, but it also gives the participating artists a chance to view the work of the other artists.



All of the artists wish we could also tour the studios but so far we haven't figured out how to make a tour for the artists on the tour work.




The artists participating in the tour are a diverse group. There are painters...



...potters and ceramic artists...



...jewelers and glass blowers...




...several weavers and a furniture maker...



This was done by a new artist on the tour and I was very impressed with this....
....this is patinaed brass!



I was amazed by the color and details of this. I have seen this type of work once on television. This is one studio I would very much like to tour.



This piece was done by the same artist. I very iconic scene of the Northwest.




My work, though arriving late after my firing, was also on exhibit.



Marty did a great job displaying a very eclectic gathering of artwork.