my bedroom project

I wanted to update my bedroom and bring some more light in, so I painted our old bed and sewed all new bedding. I finished last night and I love it. Believe it or not, I think the little grey pillow took longer than anything on the whole bed. Anyone ever sewn with pom poms before? HUGE. PAIN. IN. THE. BUM. The pink flower I made by hand, seems like it would've taken longer, right? Nope. It was the pom poms. But enough with the pom poms....here are the pics. = )

**And, by the way, the "liquid deglosser" I used....magic. I will never sand furniture again (not that I ever really did to begin with). It smells kind of like fingernail polish remover and you just put some on a rag and wash your bed with it. Sort of like dusting with Pledge. Then you prime the furniture within and hour and your set to paint. You can get it at Lowes or Home Depot.

***One last thought. I'm thinking of painting the room a light gray color. Opinions?? Anyone used gray paint before and loved the shade on their walls??