Making Cents With Mama Cheaps

This Week's Topic: Learning That Coupon Lingo!

One of the most common questions that I am asked is:
"I don't understand what your coupon abbreviations mean. How do I know where to find the coupon you're writing about?"

Get ready for a crash course in Couponing Terms!

When I write about
deals that I find at the store using coupons, I will typically write the coupon similar to this: $.75/1 RP 4/5.

Translation:
I used a coupon from the April 5th Red Plum insert. Its value is 75 cents off of 1 item.

Here are some common coupon related abbreviations:
SS:
SmartSource insert
RP: Red Plum insert
P&G: Proctor and Gamble insert
Unilever: Unilever Insert
DND: Do not double
DNT: Do not triple
YMMV: Your mileage may vary (what works for one person at one store may or may not work for you)
B1G1/BOGO: Buy one get one
WYB: When you buy
OYNO: On your next order
OOP: Out of pocket

Next Week's Topic: Where to find coupon match-ups for your favorite stores!


Devon posts regularly on her blog, http://www.mamacheaps.com/. When she is not blogging or designing personalized candy wrappers for her store, Winterwood Press, she is spending time with her husband and her 9 month old daughter.