I had a really great therapy session this morning. Yes, I have a therapist now and love it!!! They listen to you when no one else will. I'm learning not only how to process some of my "issues", but also how to take time to enjoy life. Smell the roses if you will. Anyway, I came across something a very, very, dear friend of mine sent me not to long ago. For whatever reason the words came to life today. Please enjoy the message. I know I did. Thank you, love.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. - No complaints here...
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step. You may still fall - but that's ok
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. I don't hate - I may dislike though...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch. I feel more than blessed to have such great friends who I can count on!
5. Pay off your credit cards every month. Always....
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. How dull a world if we were all alike!!!
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone. Therapist is paid to cry with me.....
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it. I do too!
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck. Agree!
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. I request it not be brought in the house....I love chocolate and so do my thighs!
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. I did that a long time ago....the past IS the past - I'm not ashamed!!
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry. :)
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. The window dressing may not be what it's cracked up to be.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it. Relationships are a two way street. IF you want it meet me half way great. IF not - I get it....
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. I wish he would - I would love a little insight on the housing market!
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind. I'm learning this daily......
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. Done....
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. Abbey is working this one!
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. My life is complete.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer. I'm finding that out....
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special. EVERYDAY is special!
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow. I'm a planner....
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple. Well, I probably WON'T ever be wearing purple (ick!) but.....I fly my freak flag.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain. Ummm, I'm still questioning this one.....ha ha.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you. YES, YES, YES!
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?' I like it!
27. Always choose life. Life is good.
28. Forgive everyone everything. Working on this one.....
29. What other people think of you is none of your business. Note: I could care less what anyone thinks of me. Get a life!
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time. Still waiting....
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. See 30..
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. I don't..
33. Believe in miracles. I have three....
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do. I don't feel the need to "buy" myself into heaven, although, I don't really believe in heaven. I do, however, like who I am.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now. I'm an active participant daily.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young. Soo true.
37. Your children get only one childhood. I hope it is the happiest ever - not one filled with material possessions, but, a love like no other.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved. With.Every.Breath.I.Take.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere. Life is a journey to be enjoyed.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab ours back. I have no complainst. My life is charmed!
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. I.DO and so much more!!!
42. The best is yet to come. I can't wait.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. Agree!
44. Yield. Pay it forward.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift." Life is a treasure.
Remember that I will always share my spoon with you!
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio