Memorial Day Weekend









Whenever Shad has a three-day weekend, he complains that "we never do anything fun". This year I decided I didn't want to hear about it anymore, so we went to the beach for the weekend. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! In the past, I've gotta admit, vacations with kids simply are not fun. They don't sleep well, which causes Shad and I to not sleep well, which causes us to bicker more, the kids don't eat good, and inevitably, a child gets a cold. Other Mothers have told me that it's just my kids' ages and that eventually it will get easier. Well I think that time has arrived (at least until we have another baby). It was great.

The first night David, Rachelle, Ben and Will joined us. We went out to eat, went to the beach and the boys were in heaven being able to play with each other so much. We were sad to see them go.

The rest of the weekend, we did more beach, went to some parks (partaking in Kate's latest addiction....swinging. I swear if she could, she would have me push her on the swings 24 hours a day), went out to eat, ate WAY too much junk food, and slept a ton. We took the kids to the San Diego Temple because they'd never seen a temple in real life before. Tanner was in awe. He loved it and wanted tons of pictures so he could print them out and keep them. Kate just enjoyed running away from me as I tried to take pictures of her.

The weekend was wonderful. On the way home, Tanner kept asking, "But why do we have to go home? Why can't we stay at the hotel?"