Well, as Spring is here in all it's splendor...er...lack there of, I've decided that since I refuse to turn the heat back in high hopes that the 75 degree weather will be returning to us soon, that I'd start up the oven instead and bake something scrumptious today!
Tasty Tuesdays: Cookies
Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Make sure you get some, because they don't last long!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
Do you have a yummy cookie recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Leave us a comment with a link to your recipe!!!