#300 (Oh, and we're growing popcorn)

300 blog posts! Why fame and fortune have not found me, I've no idea.

In any case, #300 seems somehow noteworthy, so I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the folks who read my blog. Without the little people, where would I be? But seriously, I appreciate all of the feedback and encouragement from my witty readers. I'd also like to thank those who link to my blog, as that's always appreciated. I generally receive 50-90 visits a day, and many of those readers found me through those referring links. For the Boo Radleys who keep visiting my blog because you did a Google search and found an innocent post about fathers kissing their children, would you sick fucks please go away? Seriously, you need medication and, probably, prison time. I should just delete the entry, but dammit - I even did research for that one!

In other news, we are growing popcorn. I thought you'd like to be the first to know.

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. As I was picking A up from school a few days ago, one of the teachers remarked, "She sure is excited about planting sunflowers with you!" I gave her a puzzled look. "You're not, um, growing sunflowers?" she asked.

"Not that I know of. Also, we're not throwing the dance party she keeps chattering about."

A keeps bringing up this "dancy party" that she's throwing and told me that maybe I can come. Maybe - if I play my cards right, I guess. As far as I can tell, the dance party is separate from the Strawberry Shortcake party she is having for her birthday, though I would imagine that dancing is also welcome at that event.

Regarding the sunflowers, I did mention to A in passing that maybe we could attempt to grow some flowers when it gets warmer. I was thinking of petunias and such. I don't know the first thing about sunflowers. As you can surmise from the photo below (of a plant that resides in my home), horticulture is not on my list of skills. However, I do water the plants periodically and last time I watered this one, I couldn't help but notice that popcorn kernels were suddenly floating in the water. These, it seems are the seeds she has planted so far. When our first batch of popcorn starts sprouting, we'll be sure to invite everyone over for a snack. You are also welcome to dance while you eat our popcorn.