Divided we fall....


I feel I need want to explain my actions of late. I know I have seemed a bit bat crazy extreme lately. Even for me........but I can not hold my tongue any longer. I can not sit back and do nothing. I am scared of what I see. Angry. I hate what is going on in our country right now. Here.In.Our.Country. Against our brothers and sisters. I probably will never understand it.




I respect ALL religions. I really do. Probably more than most. I'm not out to change anyone. I believe in freedom of religion. I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in freedom. I believe in G-d. I don't hate christians. I embrace all. We are a colorful family. Multi-racial, multi-religious, multi-sexual (is that real) family... BUT, this effects me. Yes, me. There has been so much in the media lately with Prop 8. When I watch the christian groups protesting it breaks my heart. I take it personally as if they were atticking me. Why? Because my dearest, dearest friend is gay as is my sister in-law -- studyin for her Ph.D. Smart cookie. No, geologist. (sorry J....had to brag on you a bit...) Anyway. These. Are.My.People. And I am not ashamed of them. They share something more special than a lot of married couples. Love. True devotion and admiration. RESPECT. I am honored to know them and to have them in my life. Not only do they love... LOVE my chicks....but we love them. Unconditionally. They are who they are. And we accept it. We do not wish to change them. This is not something they chose. They are gay and they too accept it. So, when the christian rights group protest their love... and their union...it hurts... and yes, I take it personally. You have attacked my family. So, yes, I am defensive as any of you would be if they attacked your family! I fear some crazy person will act out in anger against them because they are gay. So, if it is a sin to judge... who gives them the right? None of us are perfect. I believe in equal right for all. I stand firm on this. I will raise my children to love and accept all. I love you R & D... and J & K... be who you are and be proud. Because we are! We will always support you. We stand behind you.