The Best of the Mommy Blogs

It's not your mother's motherhood....
When you're wide awake at 3 in the morning, convinced no baby has ever screamed as loud as yours, it's good to know there's another mom just a click away who has been there, survived that, and written a hilarious blog about it. The new book Sleep Is for the Weak, edited by Rita Arens of surrenderdorothyblog.com, excerpts some of the best of the so-called mommy blogs. More than 20 moms fess up about everything from parenting insecurities to taking your son along to your gyno appointment. "Blogging is a virtual support group if you allow yourself to be honest," says Arens. Check out some of our favorite mom musings from the book

"After my daughter soaks her sheets, she stumbles sleepily into our bed and falls asleep. Near morning, as we're all slumbering peacefully, she pees on us. Y'all, may I just say, I am tired of the pee."
- Sheryl Patten, papernapkin.typepad.com

"My daughter doesn't have to love me (though, yes, I know she does), but I do love her, and that is what matters. Her returning my feelings is a bonus, but it is not compulsory."
- Tracey Gaughran-Perez, sweetney.com

"When I'm stressed out...I conjure up myself at age 55, and she tells me to relax. 'One day,' she whispers, 'when you're an empty nester and your life is predictable, quiet, and completely your own, you'll miss this chaos. You'll miss it terribly.'"
- Risa Green, mommytrackd.com

Click on the Amazon link above to order a copy of Sleep Is For The Weak.

If you are a blogger or just a blog reader.. Order your copy today! Take your bloggy reads with you while you sit in the car waiting to pick up the kids from school, sneak in a page or two while the kids are napping in the car ( I have a whole stash of magazines & books in my car and added this to my collection) or take along while you travel...this would make a fun plane ride read. The holidays are just around the corner...This book would make a perfect holiday gift for your favorite blogger.

Enjoy!