Coconut Milk Icecream

This is for all you dairy-free people like my chidren. I have always thought dairy-free icecream was nasty until this recipe, I got from my brother Jake. He's a really good cook. It is also sugar-free if you choose to make it that way. I make it with agave nectar (it won't give your kids that sugar high...it's super low on the glycemic index). Anyhow, here it is.


Coconut Milk Icecream





1 can coconut milk, chilled
1/4 cup sweetener (agave nectar, sugar, molasses, pure maple syrup, honey, etc)

You could also add, vanilla, hershey's syrup, orange juice, mint extract, etc to make it any flavor you want. just taste it before you put it in your icecream maker. You can add more sweetener or flavorings.

Mix together follow your icecream makers instructions. If you want to add in any extras the last 5-10 minutes of mixing your icecream. For example, chocolate chips, cookie dough, brownie pieces, nuts, caramel, etc.