I didn't forget. Really!

Whew! Wow. Where to begin. Yes, I've been busy. Busy with my family. AND I've been loving it. Every. Single. Minute. Nana was here a couple of weeks ago(will be back in June for the girls birthday) AND my parent's spent mother's day weekend with us. Now, that was really special for me. To be able to spend mother's day with my mother AND my children was so surreal. It was a holiday for me filled emotion and much love. This was my favorite mother's day. As a bonus my mom brought plants and flowers from HER garden AND planted them for me. I was amazed watching her as she wielded her shovel around as if it were a little hand pick. WE have red hard clay here, and filled with rock! She worked all day in the yard while I occasionally gave the new flowers a cool drink. *sigh* AND she did all this with no gloves. Said she needed to feel the dirt. Me on the other hand had my surgical gloves on so as not to mess up my manicure. After all I was the one preparing all the meals and I can't stand having dirt beneath my nails. Drives me crazy! Anyway, I was tired just watching her. Mean while inside the abode the "boys" were busy transforming the area for my mother's day gift. What I discovered was that my dad had not fully recovered from the accident he had over 16 months ago. The smallest of task left him gasping for breath. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm concerned now that he is not getting proper medical care. It's been too long. He should be on the mend. I know he wants to go back to doing what he loves but he can't do it. Not right now. This for my dad will be tough to accept. We will be heading over to see them in a couple of weeks. Need to keep an eye on things......plus maybe I'll snag some more of my mom's gorgeous flowers!

Here are a few pictures from mother's day. I'll post some other pictures later as well as the continuation of my memoirs. Stay tuned.....

Sisterly love. Warms my heart. Dresses were a treat from Mimi. I call them their little "Sex and the City" dresses. Way to sassy!!
Daddy reading Abbey mother's day card they gave Mimi...

Mimi and the girls.....


Papa....


Mother's Day Gift! Good job daddy.....