President Hinckley's Passing

Since this is our family journal, I really would like to let my kids know how much I loved President Hinckley and how much I will miss him. He was an amazing prophet and was perfect for our time. I always thought it was so amazing how a man so old could be so with it. When it came to technology, I feel like he was always ahead of the game. He knew what the issues were of our day. He was always so happy and optimistic. He loved all people, regardless of race, religion or sex. I love that he pushed women to get there educations. When I was in college and then later getting my credential, his words were what kept me going. I have a book called, "The Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley" that I would go to every time I had a problem or a question. When I would just want to give up on school, I would read his words and know that I was supposed to continue school until I had a skill that I could support my family with if I needed to. When I was deciding whether or not I should marry Shad, I think I studied every word he ever spoke on dating and marriage. He was my prophet during all the major decisions I have made so far...where to go to college, what to major in, who to marry, what job for Shad to accept, when to start having kids and where where to raise our family. He counseld with me through all of those decisions. It seems like yesterday that I was a freshman in college and saw him speak at BYU. I remember some of my friends saved us seats somewhat close in the Marriott Center and everyone was so excited to see and hear a prophet of God. I will never forget the feeling I had when he walked in the room. I knew at that moment he was a true prophet of God. You could feel it just being in his presence. Everyone stood up and sang, "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet" and chills went up and down my spine. I know he was a prophet of God. I know he counseled with the Lord each day and truly knew Him. I am so grateful for him and will miss him so much.