Keep it exciting....

In the kitchen that is! Where is your mind?! *snicker* I've been tagged(I hate homework) by crazylady to do a food meme. This my friends is an easy (shut-up-Sen) one for me. I know, I was supposed to do this a week or month ago, but it sorta slipped my mind. No, I didn't loose my mind, I just forgot. I have lots of things rattling around up there. Plus, I'm old. You just wait. Anyway, you can call me "Rachel Ray". I really can whip up just about anything. Well, I don't bake. Ever. Hence the reference to previous blog (ass size). I can burn something as simple as chocolate chip cookies. Strangely enough they are always flat too. (not like my lower region). Go figure. So, I was trying to decide what to "wow" you with and decided I was going to share one of my husband's all time fav's. My special sweet fajitas. This is not a low-cal diet. Hint. hint, Sen........

Rony's "special" Fajitas made with Love

1/2 bottle dry white wine (use something cheap)
Finely grated peel and juice of 2 limes (I add a little more-naturally)
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. dried leaf basil (I use fresh-but of course)
1 t. dried dried leaf oregano (I use fresh)
3-4 garlic cloves crushed (you can add more if you like garlic)
4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
2-3 T. olive oil
8-10 green onions (can use a large yellow or white onion also)
1 Red bell pepper sliced
1 Yellow bell pepper sliced (can also use orange or green although I don't like green bell peppers)
8 flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup dairy sour cream
Avocado chopped
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Prepare marinade for chicken. In a bowl, mix together wine, lime peel and juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, basil, oregano and garlic. Slice chicken breast into thin strips. Add to marinade. Mix well and marinate 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a skillet, heat 1 -2 tablespoon of the oil. Add green onions and bell peppers: cook until onions are starting to brown, but the vegetables are still crisp. Remove from skillet and set aside, Drain chicken, reserving marinade.

In a skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken (in several batches, if necessary) and fry quickly until golden-brown. Remove fro pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, Add reserved marinade to pan and boil until thickened. Return chicken and peppers to skillet; mix well until all ingredients are coated. Put tortillas on a plate. Place spoonfuls of chicken mixture in middle of each tortilla; top with sour cream, avocado and cheese. Fold, garnish and serve. Truly delicious!

I'm tagging the following:

Double Lucky (Cindy--part of the In crowd).
The Owen's Twins (Heather-totally cool mommy)
Steffi B. (Funny girl).
Get in the car! (Love her--may even have "girl crush" on her).

If you have already been tagged, sorry. Didn't want to leave anyone out!