Finally - Family March 28, 2007

Our Forever Family March 28, 2007

What a difference a year makes.

One year ago Jeff and I were

standing in the Nanning Civil Affairs Office to meet our daughters for the first time. We walked into the building as a couple and walked out as a family of four.

I remember thinking, finally.


It seems unbelievable that it's already been a year! The girls have grown and changed and have made our life fuller and richer just by being in them. We are the lucky ones. Our life is not what it once was. - It’s

better. Priorities too have changed. No more Morton’s or eating out

five nights a week but hello Red Robin!


This is a typical morning in our home.

“Mommy”? I reply “what”? To which one of

the girls will repeat again “Mommy”? And I say “what baby”? Followed by another “Mommy”? To which I reply “What baby cakes”. This goes on for 5-10 minutes or until I start laughing and we stop.


Abbey is a free spirit. Our little “drama queen”. You might say a mini Rony-she too loves shoes. Ha ha. She is always running and has to be the first at everything. It doesn’t matter if it’s the doctor’s office or to bed. There is no neutral with Abbey. She doesn’t want to miss a thing. She is always trying to figure out how to take something apart or put it back together. Gifted?! Naturally. *wink*


She loves numbers and books and can count to nine. Katie likes to count too but her version is a bit different, 1-2-9, 1-2-9. or 2-9-8 which just happens to be their favorite learning channel. Abbey is convinced everyone’s name is “Abbey, including her sister Katie’s.



She has the sweetest laugh and an absolutely-infectious giggle. Jeff and I just crack up. She thinks her daddy is so funny. Of course we all do….. Daddy loves his little girls. All of them....



Katie is a child who lives out loud. Trust me- it wasn’t always this way. She loves to dance and sing. She is our chatterbox and jabbers away in the morning talking and giggling to her self. Totally normal or so I’m told. I talk to myself and I’m normal, right? If Abbey is not awake Katie will stand in her crib and scream her name until she wakes up. Nice……Remind me to tell her to stop doing that!


She is a princess in training. She loves nothing better than carrying around her little purse with cell phone in town saying “hewoo”, hewoo”. Just like mommy. She does the cutest Miss America imitation and will

throw her hands over her mouth and gasp “Oh my”. Too cute.


Katie is our love bug. She loves to give kisses and be kissed. She will chase Abbey down to kiss her. She gives big “Hollywood” kisses too. I think she may be watching too much E-Hollywood, or maybe daddy kissing mommy! Hmm.


I am constantly laughing at their antics and continually amazed at the

things they do. There is not a single day that goes by that I’m not incredibly honored and proud to be their mommy.




Jeff and I are constantly asking ourselves “is this real”? Do we really have twin daughters? Strangely enough I always knew I would have twins. It just so happened that it would take us flying half way around the world to bring them home. They are home now!


Much Love,


Rony, Jeff, Katie and Abbey Ghelerter


What a

Our lif


e now!

Muc